We had been talking about going to California for a long time and sadly didn't make it before Brent was deployed. But I am glad that we got to distract Errin for a few days.
We arrived at 4 in the morning, definitely recommend night travel, and slept until 8 (soooo nice, usually the kids wake up around 6). We took a morning walk to a yummy doughnut shop. Errin's mom was there also.
We arrived at 4 in the morning, definitely recommend night travel, and slept until 8 (soooo nice, usually the kids wake up around 6). We took a morning walk to a yummy doughnut shop. Errin's mom was there also.
Then we all got lathered up to go to the beach. It is only about a mile away from Errin's house so we decided to walk. Gwen spent most of the time in the stroller, she wasn't a huge fan of sand.
Jone's had a great time running around being a boy.
Max wouldn't sit still for a picture.
Briant loved playing with Jones and Jones loved that Briant would play with him.
I pretty much sat around with Gwen just enjoying the fabulous weather.
or some one's
Later that evening Errin took her mom to the airport and my mom, Shauna, and her kids came to visit for a day.
The next day was Sunday. Thanks to Errin's iphone and a lot of snacks the cousins did really well during sacrament meeting.
Errin taught the relief society lesson and it was emotional and wonderful.
The cuties in their Sunday best.
Sunday evening Errin and the boys made cupcakes.
The next day was DISNEY LAND! Toy Story was the first ride we went on and we were all so excited we were jumping up and down. (It really is a happy place).
Max and I got soaked on this one!
Goofy was one of only two characters we stopped to take a picture with, we had a lot of rides to ride in only one day.
A much needed nap.
Waiting in line for Indiana Jones.
Jared took all the kids on It's a Small World while Errin and I did Space Mountain. I am surprised none of the kids ended up in the water.
So flattering huh? I love taking pictures of pictures.
Briant's good friend Gray was there with his family. They got to go on Space Mountain together. It's fun to see people there that you know.
The fireworks were amazing! It was the perfect end to the perfect day. MANY thanks to Errin for taking the little ones so many time so we could take the boys on the bigger rides. Really it was a huge sacrifice for her and it wouldn't have been as fun without her there.
We are the white trash family that dresses, brushes teeth and distributes medicine in the parking lot at Disney Land so that after the hour ride home we can put the kids straight to bed.
They didn't make it ten minutes in the car before ending up like this. Max is under the blanket.
On to the beach again.
Gwen was a little more adventurous this time.
Surfing in California with a small board is not quite as easy as surfing in Hawaii with a huge board. Maybe next time!
I love this sight.
So precious.
These two little grumps had had enough sun, they were ready to go.
I know I look good.
Could be at the beach all day!
Jared and Jones relaxing before our drive home.
What a wonderful vacation it was indeed!
And yes Mom and Shauna, we did get to Mexico before realizing we went the wrong way home.

How fun!! I'm so jealous! I miss you guys so much and wish we still lived by each other! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI hope to see that goofy picture as your family christmas card... loved it! you should come back and we can do it all again!
ReplyDeleteLooks like an awesome family vacation. We need to get together sometime.
ReplyDeleteWas Jared able to find his way to work okay?
ReplyDeleteAnd yes you do look good! I'm sad we missed out on cupcakes and Disney.
I love that picture of Errin & Jones looking up on the towel.
And Gwen is SO cute in her orange stripey swimsuit.
I am so sad. SO SAD! IF you honestly drove to Mexico, you drove right past my house and I would have paid you any amount to stop and address my stupid hair. I am glad you finally got a family vacation at the beach! Where were you at?
ReplyDeleteum ADORABLE black swimsuit at the top!! where's it from? i love every picture of your children.
ReplyDelete-love- Rachel
I like how you and Goofy have matching boots. It's cute.
ReplyDeleteUm thanks?
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip! Love the pictures at the beach, especially of Briant buried in the sand.
ReplyDelete