Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break

To start off, I want to give credit to Shauna for every single picture on this post. When she is around I don't bother getting out my camera.
We arrived in California at 2:00 a.m. on Thursday. After a few hours of sleep we headed off to Sea World with Errin, Jones, Shauna, Owen, Drew, Sally, Grandma, Rachel, and Derek.
It was St. Patrick's Day and my mom got all the grandchildren green prizes. Briant became very attached to these glasses (he wore them for 95% of the day)


I didn't know how Gwen would like Sea World but she was instantly hooked.
She is looking at the Beluga Whale (funky looking whale!)

The walrus is always a crowd pleaser.

My mom and Shauna were great to entertain the kids while we stood in line for lunch for 45 min.

This thing was tons o fun! You bounce back and forth between the walls.

Gwen looooves Elmo....usually. In person, not so much!

Briant acted way too cool for this "Kiddie" ride. However, I saw brief moments of pleasure on his face.

O Max and his love of Tea Cups.

I think the boys rode the Tea Cups at least 50 times.

I am always am so fascinated with the Shamu show! Derek and I both admitted to each other that we got the goosebumps. What? It's moving!

Gwen and Sally waiting for their turn.

It took several pictures for Gwen to master this face.

I was the lab rat on this one. When I did it, I knocked Rachel over and we both landed on the ground. My mom figured out how not to fall down.

The next day was beach day! Honestly who doesn't love the beach? The weather was perfect, the kids were in great moods and I had food, what a great day!!!

Briant holding a nasty sea slug.

Yeah, I should have taken the hat and sweater off. Let's be honest, I need some sun!

Max and his sea star. He is very proud of anything living that he finds. He really needs a pet OTHER than a goldfish.

Jealous?

Shauna is what you would call a "Cool mom".

One of these girls is a little more comfortable hugging than the other.

Pucker up!!!

Shauna looks cool yes, however that is not why she was posing for this picture. Errin really wanted to get a picture of this guy that wanted to show me pictures of his kids, so she pretended to be taking a picture of Shauna so it wouldn't be obvious. Sneaky eh?

Jared and his Shweety.

That giant rock acted as a lovely backrest. I only moved from my spot a handful of times.

It started to get a little chilly right before we left but we still forced them to get together for a picture: )

The next day was also spent at the beach. It stared of rainy but turned sunny and nice. These two were called the "Happy couple" the whole trip. It' s tough being one of the younger siblings in love, you get a lot a teasing from everyone else. They really are great together!
No caption ncessary.

So much for making an ugly face ERRIN!

I was sad to make these boys leave. They were SO happy here. I honestly think they would be happy living out of a cardboard box just so we could live by the beach.

Parting is not easy, we left at 8:00 that night so the kids would sleep through the drive. I don't like coming back from vacation. I also don't like leaving family! My dream is for everyone to move back to Arizona some day. Thank you sooooo much Brent and Errin for letting us stay with you again!!!!
Just a side note: Ever since we have been home, Gwen won't stop doing the Shamu chant and won't stop saying that she wants to go hug Elmo! Maybe she remembers things differently, I don't recall her loving that big red guy : )

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip! I always love reading your commentary. Your hair looks great & you still have the cutest body-doesn't even look like you've had 4 kids! By the way, where can Laun get a pair of those short shorts that Jared was wearing...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha you posted that picture of justin. he wouldn't let me post it. i'm glad someone did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to be mad that you came to San Diego and didn't call us...but then I saw Jared's shorts and I was grateful. :) If you come back, please call us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when you and Errin do peace signs. Only she looks serious cause she's smiling normal haha. Pictures of Gwen+Sally are perfection.

    ReplyDelete