The past three months of Gwen's life have been pretty rough. In the beginning of December we were sure she had RSV but tested negative for it. The symptoms continued and after several visits to the doctor, a visit to the emergency room and finally being admitted to the hospital it was finally determined that she has asthma. We stayed in the hospital for three days and during that time she had to have stuff suctioned out of her lungs every four hours along with breathing treatments, steroids and an IV. We got to come home on Friday and I finally feel like we have this under control. I don't know why it took so long for her to be diagnosed but I am grateful that there are so many treatments available to help her out. Jard and I are also so grateful for every one's prayers and concerns for little Gwen.

Jared and the boys enjoying cable at the hospital. (tightwad Jared refuses to buy it at home)

My mom relieving me of Gwen for a while.

Max was definitely going through withdrawals not being able to hold Gwen's hand. He has a major hand fetish.

The hospital was out of girl onesies so she got this lovely one.

This was us waiting in the emergency room for a bed to be available

Gwen wanted me to keep her bow on as long as possible.

I know I am the worst mom ever but I had to take this picture because I had no idea they used this contraption when they do x-rays on babies.

Here's to a lifetime of breathing treatments!

My mom relieving me of Gwen for a while.

Max was definitely going through withdrawals not being able to hold Gwen's hand. He has a major hand fetish.

The hospital was out of girl onesies so she got this lovely one.

This was us waiting in the emergency room for a bed to be available

Gwen wanted me to keep her bow on as long as possible.

I know I am the worst mom ever but I had to take this picture because I had no idea they used this contraption when they do x-rays on babies.

Here's to a lifetime of breathing treatments!
A lovely trip to the Zoo.
On President's Day my Mom took us to the Zoo. The weather was perfect and kids were out of school so of course the zoo was packed!
Because the Zoo was so busy we had to park a 1/4 mile away and take a shuttle over. The boys (Cole included) thought riding the bus was great because you don't have to wear a seat belt.
Aunt Rachel and Uncle Cole are the best! (that red thing in Max's hand is his funky monkey, or Briant's funky monkey that Max cannot part with.

You know you are getting old when your younger brother and sister have no idea what a genie drop is. I climbed up on this bar to give them a little demo. I felt pretty cool and pretty lame at the same time but it brought back some good memories of the old school yard.

You know you are getting old when your younger brother and sister have no idea what a genie drop is. I climbed up on this bar to give them a little demo. I felt pretty cool and pretty lame at the same time but it brought back some good memories of the old school yard.
Sting Ray Bay is always a favorite at the Zoo. The boys could stay there all day if I let them.




Valentine's cookies! YUM!
The McAllister's invited us over to make Valentine's cookies. We added peppermint to one batch and cinnamon to the other and they were Delicious!








Wow, look at your fam! I'm sorry to hear about Gwen, We went about similar problems with Sammy, but it ended up being allergies. So he is on Zyrtec for the rest of his days and probably allergy shots when he'e older. Gwen's sound worse though...good luck! I just started this blog thing on Thursday, but it is addicting. It is great to see you guys!
ReplyDeletehm... i really liked this long post! first of all i do not like seeing baby gwen in that contraption. not at all it makes me really sad. but i do like the flamingo picture of us at the zoo! i especially like how max is on one leg on my back. and third, my nephews are definitely ballers. hope gwen feels better!
ReplyDeleteThose mean x-ray techs put little Gwen in the pig-o-stat! I've never seen that contraption used in 14 months of clinicals. At least she seemed to not mind the whole ordeal.
ReplyDelete