I had the best birthday yesterday! I slept in (a highly valued thing around here) then went to Home Depot to buy some curtain rods. Jared hung up the rods. Then we went to my Mom's where I got a back and a foot rub from Rachel, the boys made cinnamon rolls for me with my Mom and helped prepare for the BBQ. Then went over to Ashley's house for a BBQ/swim party that was a blast. Here are a few highlights from the party.
This huge teeter-totter gets pretty scary if the person on the other end weighs a lot more than you do.
Gwen sat in her Bumbo for about an hour while people stuffed food in her face. Then she had a lot of fun getting tossed around in the pool.This huge teeter-totter gets pretty scary if the person on the other end weighs a lot more than you do.
Gwen with my cousin Kristen
Gwen and Rachel
And on to the giant metal tree that is at least 20 ft. high.
Jared's first jump
Just jumping wasn't good enough so how about a back flip (I about had a heart attack!)
Cole decided to take Briant up to the top, again another heart attack. He had to do some convincing. See him thinking about it....

getting up some nerve....
and were off!

He was sooo proud of himself he went up and did it again. (It still took him about 10 min. the 2nd time to get up enough nerve)
I think that I was a bigger wimp than Briant. I had Rachel giving me a pep talk.
I know not my best shot but it's proof that I jumped!

This is my crazy 8 year old cousin McKenna. She was not afraid of anything.
Max stuck to jumping off the waterfall. He really wanted to jump off the tree but my heart couldn't handle it.
Here is Briant on the rope swing before it broke. It was a lot of fun while it lasted, luckily no one got hurt too bad when it broke, I think my cousin Nate got a little scraped up.
Cole decided to take Briant up to the top, again another heart attack. He had to do some convincing. See him thinking about it....

getting up some nerve....
and were off!

He was sooo proud of himself he went up and did it again. (It still took him about 10 min. the 2nd time to get up enough nerve)
I think that I was a bigger wimp than Briant. I had Rachel giving me a pep talk.
I know not my best shot but it's proof that I jumped!

This is my crazy 8 year old cousin McKenna. She was not afraid of anything.
Max stuck to jumping off the waterfall. He really wanted to jump off the tree but my heart couldn't handle it.
Here is Briant on the rope swing before it broke. It was a lot of fun while it lasted, luckily no one got hurt too bad when it broke, I think my cousin Nate got a little scraped up.










That pool looks so fun! The metal tree is crazy! And I'm glad to see Jared got some short swim shorts. You look hot for a 28 year old.
ReplyDeleteit was so fun and i was so happy to have all of you over!!! you guys are the best! --ashley
ReplyDeletewish we could have been there! but so happy that you had a good birthday and a very cute one piece! haha...
ReplyDeleteHappy late Birthday! I love the pic of you jumping in...you totally crack me up!
ReplyDelete