The other day Jared's sister Courtney was asking if I knew a certain person from high school. This prompted me to bust out the year books. In the same box as my year books are all my pictures from up until I got married. I just wanted to post a few (a LOT) of my favorite memories.
I included this picture because I think I look just like Gwen. Don't you?
With 8 kids my mom still managed to make awesome cakes for us for every birthday!
My first day of kindergarten. I was excited but shy. Cool shirt eh?Baptism day/muffin hair cut....I was happy to be me.
We moved to Mesa after 4th grade. These were some of my crazy friends from Tempe.
A little bit of WT fun in the desert. My parents were always so good about taking us camping. They trusted us a little too much on motorized things, but it was great fun!
Daddy/daughter camp outs. Always a good time, especially when my dad wasn't up for going one year and took us shopping instead!
BEST FRIEND PICS! Nothing more needs to be said.
I liked when Shauna would come and sleep in my bed with me every night. I had a really comfortable bed. She would say I didn't like it but it made me feel special.
Daddy/daughter camp outs. Always a good time, especially when my dad wasn't up for going one year and took us shopping instead!
BEST FRIEND PICS! Nothing more needs to be said.
My friends and I used to go to the mall to try on clothes and take pictures. It seems lame but actually these were some of my favorite nights!
I liked when Shauna would come and sleep in my bed with me every night. I had a really comfortable bed. She would say I didn't like it but it made me feel special.
I did not like when Shauna would make me rub her back for an hour and a half just to wear one stinkin shirt. I was desperate.
The Trek. Challenging but fulfilling.
The Trek. Challenging but fulfilling.
EFY. Good times, but once was enough for me.
I loved the non-formal dances...maybe a little too much.
How about a close-up.
How about a close-up.
My fake front tooth always found convenient times to fall out. Like during seminary or at Beauty School.
Senior trip! Sunburns, food and shopping!
I spent most of my high school life with this beauty....the one on the far right.
I spent most of my high school life with this beauty....the one on the far right.
It was named the "Silver bullet" and "Faded blue cheetah"
It got me where I needed to go, and when it didn't I was lucky enough to have a pop that can and will fix anything! I doubt I expressed my appreciation enough to him then!
Beauty school buds! These two and several other's made beauty school bearable.
Beauty school buds! These two and several other's made beauty school bearable.
Graduation. HOORAY!
Random trip to Vegas. What do three Mormon girls do in Vegas? Apparently play in kiddie play grounds.
I had known Jared for two weeks before he bought me this lovely outfit for my birthday. It was from GUESS and he was pretty proud. His sisters said that he NEVER bought anything for anyone so he must REALLY like me. I guess he did.
I just wanted to document our fantastic style.
I had known Jared for two weeks before he bought me this lovely outfit for my birthday. It was from GUESS and he was pretty proud. His sisters said that he NEVER bought anything for anyone so he must REALLY like me. I guess he did.
I just wanted to document our fantastic style.
Engagement picture. Notice the dry cleaning tag still on the inside of Jared's collar.




























I just donkey laughed my way through that entire post. My extra favorites were that NASTY claw 80's hairdo. And when your fake tooth randomly falls out.
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute! I love trips down memory lane. Gwen is a lucky girl to look like her mamma.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to post old pics. I love them. I can't believe how young you and jared looked when you got married. Not that you still don't. you guys have some great genes.
ReplyDeleteI just donkey laughed at reading Shauna's comment. Those are some beautiful shoes everyone was wearing in the efy picture.. and seeing the bed sister makes me wish i grew up with you guys! but i'm still happy with my brothers! i like your tender posts. this one is considered tender. happy i'm in the daddy daughter picture! lucky you had a car.. :)
ReplyDeleteOH MY KAREN... I'm SOOO Glad that I asked you to pull out your yearbook... those are quite the pictures!! (and hairdos) haha!! I can laugh because you KNOW I had some priceless ones too... :) Thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how much you and Gwen look alike. crazy.
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling blog entry. So many of the pictures I had never seen. I am so happy that Jared found his Sweetheart! Thanks for being such a big part of the family. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHey I just stalked your blog all the way back to this. I'm obsessed with it and you should really UPDATE!!
ReplyDelete