I started today off just fine. I got my cereal sat down on the couch to watch the news and that's when I lost it. The top story on the news is about an infant that was pronounced dead and after two hours of his mom holding him saying her goodbye's, he miraculously came back to life. I don't wish for things to have turned out different, my experience with Alice was so special I wouldn't trade it for the world. Maybe I am just experiencing some guilt for being so ok with everything. When I started crying I knew that I needed to be around a baby so I called up Sarah and Justin and asked if I could go see June (She's in the NICU with some respiratory problems). It felt so good to be around such a sweet, fresh from heaven baby. Thanks for letting me intrude on your time with June!
Happy 3rd Alice
The note on her grave was left by Jared's mom today. Thanks for thinking of her.

Gwen always puts up a fight when we leave the cemetery. I wonder if she feels the same peacefulness I do when I'm there.
Happy 3rd Alice
The note on her grave was left by Jared's mom today. Thanks for thinking of her.
Gwen always puts up a fight when we leave the cemetery. I wonder if she feels the same peacefulness I do when I'm there.

We're glad you came to see her. I wanted you so badly to hold her. She'll be home soon so stop by whenever.
ReplyDeleteI read this yesterday and it made me sad for you. Sorry I didn't call! I like that Gwen loves Alice's grave. They're gonna be cute sisters together some day. And that note from Sylvia (right?) was really sweet.
ReplyDeleteThanks for my Sunday morning cry. :( I thought about Alice yesterday and couldn't believe she'd be 3!!
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how you can be fine one moment & seconds later something happens that makes you instantly ball. I get like that whenever I hear a story of someone loosing a baby.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet her someday.